Law Office of Alan H. Segal

Call For A Consultation

(339) 499-9099

Law Office of Alan H. Segal

My landlord has threatened to change the locks to the apartment if I do not pay my rental arrearage. Can he do this?

  • Published: April 14, 2015

No. As a tenant, you are entitled to a Notice to Quit and a Summons for a hearing in court for nonpayment of rent. The landlord cannot use self-help to evict a tenant.

Translate »